Friday, May 20, 2011

Wetlandzzzzzzz


It was a lovely day out, so we decided to abandon the coffee shop and spend the afternoon exploring the wetlands (not to be confused with the saucy German novel of the same name. Incidentally, one of those Google search results described it as the two girls, one cup of novels - if you've read it, I'm sure you'll agree that is an apt description!). The Jackson-Frazier Wetlands are but a short bus ride away, at the edge of town, and the perfect spot for an afternoon escape from the city (of course, when referring to Corvallis, I say "the city" pretty lightly - I guess we must've felt like a break from the light smattering of polite pedestrians, and courteous drivers cruising along at 15 miles an hour).

Home of many insects, birds, foxes and coyotes

Down the path

Some moss/lichens/blossoms for Georgia!

 Underwater plants

Birdies were swooping around and landing on these rushes, but I wasn't quick enough to capture them

Trees!

 Contemplating swamp life

 The many tweetering birds were great, but these little guys were the winners of the day in my opinion. We found this one positively motoring along the path - I had to chase him down to get a photo. I suppose speed is important when there are so many hungry birdies swooping around!

In fact, I liked these furry friends so much, I made a wobbly little video of them -


Go little caterpillar!

No comments:

Post a Comment