Thursday, May 5, 2011

One Month Sterling-O-Versary

Tomorrow, it'll be one month since my brush with the Scapegoat tattoo gun, and you'll be pleased to see that The Honourable Sterling has healed up nicely:


Such a handsome fellow!


I just had a look at the first photos I posted of him and bloody hell, was my arm swollen or what?! It sure is nice to have a normal-sized shoulder again, and be done with the constant moisturising and itchiness. Hoorah for being able to use my arm as usual!

The colours have held really well, although I am debating whether or not to get the red leaves on the back of my arm touched up as I think they're a teeny bit patchy (but then maybe that's just what they look like when I'm wildly craning my neck trying to see over my shoulder?) - I gather that red is a notoriously tricky colour to tattoo/heal evenly and it tends to fade faster than other colours, so it is to be expected. Here's a fun fact for you - Google just told me that depending on the type of pigment your tattooist uses, red ink tends to cause a greater number of allergic reactions than other colours, and apparently if you have a seafood allergy you may also react to red ink. Who knows if that's actually true?! Fortunately, it seems I am neither allergic to red ink nor seafood, and I'd guess that the vegan-ness of Scapegoat means their pigments aren't made out of crabs or some other equally gruesome thing. Anyway, I think I've had enough of looking after new tattoos for the moment, so I'll save any thoughts of touch ups for home. Now, I am just going to sit back and enjoy his feathery loveliness!

No comments:

Post a Comment