Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Seattle Weekend

After Twin Peaks, we headed back to Seattle for a weekend of delicious food and sunny days.

First order of business, dog signage

Coffee from Vivace

On Saturday morning, Paul & I went on the Safeco Field tour -

An historic Mariners moment

So empty!

The home plate from above historic moment

The back wall of the press box tends to catch foul balls 

 The official scorer's seat

 Ichiro!

 On the field

Sitting in Ichiro's seat in the dugout 

Cryptic inspirational notices in the dugout. I wonder what happened in Omaha? 

Obligatory post-game press conference 

On the way back to the car

After baseball geekery, we collected Georgia and made the compulsory trip to Pike Place Market, just in time for the Seattle Cheese Festival.

Did you not hear me say... CHEESE FESTIVAL? 

I was momentarily distracted from cheese by Gatsby-sized tipis. I think I'll have to try to make one of these when I get home!

Now, back to cheese

OSU apparently has its own cheese-making outfit. Who knew?!

Once we were completely cheesed out, we wandered into the market to watch the fish throwing (I didn't manage to photograph that, they're just too darn quick)... 

... and pick up some hot and delicious cinnamon doughnuts 

 Guardians of the doughnut

At this point I became a very slack photographer, so I have no evidence of delicious pho or the most amazing apple pancakes. However, I did manage to capture coffee with a friend before we set out for home on Sunday morning:

No comments:

Post a Comment