Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Safe(co) in Seattle

After kissing the ground on our front door step and changing over our luggage, we got back on the highway and drove up to Seattle for the baseball. Fortunately, the I-5 is straight, wide, and blessedly free of inclement weather!

 Obligatory pre-game Pike Place nachos...
 ... and delicious cheesy garlic bread.

Once we got to the ball park, my nachos had settled and I was ready for dessert. Bring on the caramel corn! 
Sweet, sweet cron
King Felix on the mound
They were playing the Yankees, so the crowd was quite big
Peanuts

At one point during the game a guy leapt out of the crowd and ran onto the field, only to be tackled by security and led away to great applause. Having grown up on cricket, I didn't think that was too weird but apparently it's quite unusual in baseball. There must've been something in the water on Saturday night, because shortly afterwards another guy ran out...

... and then a naked guy ran out:

... and then a fourth guy - he wasn't naked, but he did lose his shoe in the furore.

Because we're completely crazy (I like to think of it more as efficient), after the game we had another drive ahead of us, this time to Portland airport so I could ready for my 7am flight to New York. We had to leave a little early, but we were pleased to hear on the radio in the car that the Mariners beat the Yankees in extra innings. Yay! What better way to celebrate than a midnight slice of pie from Sharis?
Coconut cream pie for Paul and lemon meringue for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment