Monday, May 9, 2011

Portland Weekend

This weekend, we went up to Portland to meet Georgia! YAY! Travel buddy AND professional photographer (which explains why these photos are so great - I'm sure you can tell which are G$'s and which mine - actual depth of field, anyone?). Here are a few snapshots of what we got up to:

First stop, Stumptown Coffee. Where else?

Finally found the latest issue of The Gentlewoman. Where bookstores and newsagencies have failed, Stumptown's hipster-ish magazine selection prevails! 

After re-caffeination, we met up with Georgia's friend Brighid, who, being a local, found us a lovely downtown watering hole and post-beverage crepes. Unfortunately I was just too hungry to stop and photograph the crepes, so you'll just have to believe me when I say that happened. Crepes! In the middle of the night! Where in the world can you find moustachioed gentlemen making crepes out of a tiny window at 1am?

One thing led to another, and we went to another moustachioed gentleman at a window and ordered giant pizza. As you do!

On Saturday night we hit up the food carts for dinner. I broke my rule about not eating Thai in this country (because it generally seems to be bland and awful) and was pleasantly surprised. Just goes to show, food tastes better when it's made in a van!

We passed this stony tribute to the many mountains of Oregon, and I couldn't walk away without a picture. Yes, I am 12 years old. 

A very impressive booze wall, complete with rolling ladder. 

Some lessons about Pickleball - it's a real thing, look it up. 

A final cup of Stumptown coffee.

I gave the camera a bit of a rest this weekend, so I don't have photographs of an excellent grilled cheese at The Original or a lovely shopping-ish stroll down NW 23rd St, but rest assured it was all very pleasant! We're back in Corvallis now and we've got a couple of trips planned while Georgia is here, so stay tuned for more exciting adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment