Saturday, April 23, 2011

Saturday Morning Perambulations

It's a beautiful Saturday here in Corvallis, and a perfect day for a morning run. Back in my old Brooks trainers today - I got a pair of these when we first got here, and I like them for the gym and cross training but the jury's still out on whether they're too bone-crunching for running on the pavement. They seem to be everywhere at the moment, so it will be amusing/awkward to see if an entire generation has the same plantar fascia injuries in 20 years time as a result!

Paul left early to get some study in before picking up our rental car (more on that later), so I decided to plan out a route that would deposit me at the Hertz office in time for a ride home. I managed to run all the way this time (just over 4k I think), apart from a brief stop to check the map when I took a wrong turn.


I'm sure I've said it before, but it's just so goshdarn nice here. Everyone seems to have lovingly tended gardens that are starting to bloom, and apart from a few people out tending said gardens, the only company I had on my run through the 'burbs were the many postmen (postpeople?) out on their routes. I don't think I've mentioned our postman, but suffice it to say, he is dedicated. Takes my appreciation of The Mail to a whole new level (and I don't mean for that to sound like I'm having an affair with him, which it unavoidably does. He's just a really good mail man!). Anyway, I digress. It was warm, sunny and green out on my run this morning, and for want of a better way of putting it, it just felt like a great day to have legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment