Monday, April 25, 2011

Doughnut Aftermath: The Shari's Edition

In an attempt to cure my doughnut hangover (or at least in the spirit of penance), we hit the gym first thing on Sunday morning. Unfortunately, 40 vigorous minutes on some strange stair-climbing machine couldn't heal the psychological or physical trama of the night before - I think I'd need to run a marathon with the Stairmaster on my back to fully atone for my doughnut sins.

Not wanting my queasiness to spoil the day though, we decided to stick to our Easter lunch plan, at least in part. We initially planned to have some lunch and pie (of course!) at Shari's for Easter, but when this plan was hatched I don't think we took into consideration the fact that we'd spend all of the previous day stuffing ourselves stupid in a festival of wild Bacchanalian doughnut frenzy. Bravely though, we headed to Shari's to enjoy some of their *ahem* lighter menu items.

While Eggs Benedict may not be the healthiest breakfast in the world, I insist you note how much plate is visible here compared to yesterday's breakfast! Also, I resisted the siren call of the home fries and stuck to the tiny fruit plate.

When it came time for dessert, we opted to built milk towers instead. Healthy and educational!


Gravity won in the end, and I slunk home to spend the afternoon with RuPaul.

No comments:

Post a Comment