Friday, April 1, 2011

Pie Wednesday

We're starting to get into something of a routine here, if that is possible in such a short amount of time. Paul has afternoon class on Wednesdays, so we slept in, then headed to the Beanery near campus for breakfast, coffee and interwebs.



After sitting around for an hour or two, Paul headed to uni to run some errands and I walked the four-ish blocks back to the apartment that we have now seemingly successfully rented (yay). We're close to campus and quite a few fraternity and sorority houses - on my walk home, I saw two guys on the roof of one of the frat houses throwing an entire ream of paper into the air. Why? Who knows? Why even ask? Unfortunately I didn't get my camera out in time to snap all the paper flying around the street, and I didn't stop to look so I'm not sure what it was they were throwing. Mysterious!

After a pleasant afternoon of leisure (reading this) and a sweaty and painful 40 minutes with Jillian, it was time to take on the next meal of the day. All I can say is, thank god I worked out.


 In what has become something of a Wednesday tradition (two in a row is a tradition, surely), we headed to Shari's for pie. I have made it my mission to try all the pies on the Shari's menu - last week we sampled ("sampled" seems such a moderate word!) the Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie (obviously my first choice), and the Cherry Pie. This week, we decided on the classic Apple Pie and the decidedly un-traditional S'Mores Pie. Why doesn't every pie have marshmallow on top, I ask?


Let this be a lesson to you all - if you are planning to get maximum enjoyment out of your pie (and your digestive system), do not get over-excited and gleefully slam down a peanut butter chocolate thickshake while you're waiting for the pie to arrive. You will have to push your bloated stomach home like a shopping cart full of potatoes, bemoaning your ill-conceived milkshake fervour all the way. Trust me.

I am taking this as a sign that the universe has a sense of humour - this morning, I awoke ready to eat another day, and there were Shari's coupons in the mailbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment