Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Instagrammed Afternoon Wanderings

Although Corvallis is not a big place, we tend to spend most of our time around our apartment and the uni, rarely venturing outside that 5 or 10 block radius on normal weekdays. Some errands took me downtown today, for the first time in a week or two, and fortunately the rain and miserable weather took a break for the few hours I was out walking. I love the walk from our apartment downtown - one of the great things about this place is the way the landscape moves seamlessly from low density business areas around the uni or downtown to beautifully maintained, green and quiet residential streets. I think I'll need to do a "Front Gardens of Corvallis" post before we go, so you know what I'm talking about!


The cherry blossoms have turned from pale to rich pink in the past couple of weeks, and are already starting to drop. There is a fabulous and huge pink house on the corner of Jackson Ave and NW 8th St, and today the rest of the block had very obligingly coordinated: 

I did cheat and Instagram these pictures, but the fake Lomo candy colours above are actually much closer to the real thing than the original washed out iPhone snaps.

Another thing I love about Corvallis is the way the freight train tracks run right down the middle of a leafy residential street. There are only a couple of trains a day, and today I was on the right corner at the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment