Monday, June 6, 2011

Farewell to the East Coast

Sunday was our last day in New York. Sadface! Tom was sticking around for a few more days, and fortunately Mum, Jeska and I were all flying out to our respective destinations later in the afternoon so we had the morning for wandering.

Time to bid adieu to our hipster hotel room at The Ace. Goodbye tiny dogs!

Final breakfast and a stroll in Central Park - Jeska hugs the spot where I was sitting, and Tom takes advantage of my absence and tries to steal my breakfast. As ever, Mum plays it cool. Note the fabulous nautical-inspired dress Jeska is wearing - Chelsea Flea Market win!

We put Jess on a train, and wandered back downtown with Tom to collect the bags (making a brief stop to pay homage to Liz Lemon at 30 Rockefeller Plaza, of course!). And with that, it was time to head to the airport. I feel like I could live in New York for 100 years and it still wouldn't feel like long enough. Rather than goodbye to NY, I think I'll just say see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment