Monday, June 6, 2011

Coney Island

Saturday morning was spent rifling through boxes and boxes of costume jewellery at the Chelsea Flea Market - my bargain hunting instinct overruled my enthusiasm for photography, so the morning is undocumented. It was worth it though, as I did manage to find exactly the kind of vintage men's watch I wanted for a mere $5, and Jeska scored a lovely dress that will appear on the blog at a later date. Success!

After rummaging, it was time to head out to the 'burbs.

Coney Island! I'd never been before so was excited to soak up my first dose of the extreme tackiness.

First stop, a prophecy from Grandma (we did try to get a reading from Zoltar, of Big fame, but he didn't say much and took our money. Hollywood has obviously gone to his head!). Here's what she had to say to me:

Onyx was made especially for you. Wear it and good luck will follow you. Don't let opportunity knock at your door in vain. Grasp it and the course of your life will be different. You will be very happy with the one you have chosen for your life's companion. Be patient, those who have tried to interfere with your happiness will soon find they have no influence on your loved one. You seem to be very impetuous and outspoken. This has caused your dear ones some moments of unhappiness. Curb your temper and not only will you be happier, but healthier too. Your Lucky Numbers - 272-73, 74, 75, 76.

Am I impetuous? Come on, you guys can tell me! 

Out on the boardwalk. The sunshine didn't stick around, but fortunately those clouds didn't sprinkle on us either!

Three soft serves and a knish

Brighton Beach, looking just about as inviting as you'd imagine

Mum gamely dips a toe in the water

Now this just reminds me of the Brighton Beach nightclub storyline in Bored to Death. Anyone?

Before we hopped back on the subway, we found the place where the wonderful happens. Turns out it was in Brooklyn the whole time! Who knew?!

1 comment: