Saturday, March 26, 2011

Getting Our Bearings - The Instagram Edition

Paul had uni orientation today, so I went for a walk and looked for squirrels to make friends with. It has been the source of some distress that so far, Corvallis appears to be squirrel-less. There are tons of parks, trees, and front porch bird feeders, and yet, no squirrels. What is this, the twilight zone? I thought we were in America! Imagine my relief, then, when we finally spotted a big fat grey one on a walk this afternoon. He didn't want to stick around for a photo, but I know what I saw. PHEW, is all I can say. All is right with the world!


Tea break. Paul had an Annihilator, which is some sort of multi-shot coffee/white chocolate/macadamia beverage. Unsurprisingly, it made him crazy for a while afterwards. I stuck with the tea - at least it was less aggressively named.


Afternoon walk

Footpath lichen

After dinner, we went to see a film called Tiny Furniture at Darkside, a little cinema near our hotel.

 Darkside Cinema Foyer
 After today, I am banning myself from using Instagram - who needs to make an effort to take good photos when you can just snap some blurry crap on your iphone and turn it into a vintage-looking masterpiece? I vow to be less lazy from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment